The Site Header | Hartland Village

The Site

The site that Hartland Village now occupies had since 1946 been home to the National Gas Turbine Testing establishment where Concorde's jet engines were developed. Owned by the Ministry of Defence, the site was decommissioned in 2000.

In 2016 St Edward undertook an extensive community engagement programme with Hart District Council, the community and local groups to develop the masterplan; outline planning permission was granted in July 2018.

Detailed planning permission was approved for Phase 1 in July 2018 which will deliver 181 dwellings and Phase 2 in November 2020 for 132 units. Both phases are under construction, with work almost complete in the first phase. The first residents moved in May 2020.